- At the end of 2013, there were about 370 million idle or non-active devices. These can be gently-used smartphones, end of life basic phones, broken devices or any of them in between.
- In 2013, we estimate about 60 million mobile devices were collected via trade ins, sell backs, recycling events and more.
- The location for these recycling efforts could be at a carrier store, retail store, online recommerce, retail website, carrier website, electronic kiosk, eBay, Craigslist, recycling drive and more.
- New programs were launched in 2013--Microsoft, Apple and Walmart all unveiled new in-store buyback programs. In addition, Staples just announced a new program as well.
- This past year we saw several industry mandates put in place and others like the Device Renewal Forum take a leadership role in developing a set of common standards for renewed devices.
If you'd like to see an excerpt (click on "excerpt) or to find out how to purchase the report, please contact me at 913.219.6477 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org