Highlights from the report include:
- Eight of the twelve online trade-in programs examined are either brand new or were updated in the last three years.
- Amazon was rated 3 out of 4 due to its smooth process and quick turnaround to receive the incentive.
- A few of the top carriers all received similar ratings (2.5 out of 4); however, each have different areas for improvement.
- One key observation is that recommerce vendors and retailers tested tend to proactively communicate trade-in status via e-mail alerts, while carriers tested offer a more reactive option for customers to check trade-in status.
- In addition, many of the carriers buy back more types of devices than some of the other vendors who tend to limit their programs to certain types of smartphones and tablets (i.e., no feature phones, only high-end smart phones).
For more information or if you would like to purchase the report, please contact Kate Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org